Guadeloupe Marriage License Requirements
Vaccination certificates are not required if you are French, American or Canadian, but if you come from South America or some of the Caribbean Islands an international certificate for small pox and yellow fever vaccination is compulsory.
Documents required of foreigners include:
- original birth certificate,
- lcertification of single status
- residency card (one of the couple must have resided on the island at least one monthy prior to the ceremony),
- medicale certiciate, including blood test issued within three months of marriage,
- french translation of English language documents.
No fees are involved.
The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Guadeloupe. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Please note: Government requirements subject to change. Contact the Guadeloupe Tourist board or one of our destination wedding specialists for the most up-to-date information